Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Paper/Fabric Embossing Technique

I'm sure it has a better name, somewhere over the rainbow, but that's what I'll be calling it. It's not a new technique. I didn't come up with it, but I love it and have been using it often! I think it's super fab and hope you do too! You'll need a Sizzix Big Shot and the Stampin' Up! Square Lattice Embossing Folder. I'm sure you could use other embossing folders but there's just something about this one that's perfect!! If you do try the technique, I would of course LOVE to hear from you and see what you've made. :)

 I die cut a piece of Vanilla cardstock (Top Note die, one of our favs!) and randomly stamped various colors and images all over. A hint of pink, blue and brown. You know me, vintage-y!!  

Popped it in the Square Lattice Embossing Folder and ran it through the Big Shot.
Et Voila! Texture!!!

Sponging, it definitely needed sponging, in brown.

I added a strip of lace border, a greeting, some punched flower and pearl embellies. Delightful!!

No comments: