Monday, May 21, 2012

Everyday Crafting

"Everyday I'm shufflin'....." song lyrics that popped into my head just now haha


So much has been going on lately! And I can't wait to catch you up on all of it.

Payton was in pre-k this past year and her little graduation party was last week. Unfortunately, we didn't have a Room Mom this past year. But with the end of the year fast approaching, I felt our teachers needed a big thank you. So, you know me, I whipped up some super cute "just sending a Hello" cards and some equally cute contact cards and got to work contacting parents and setting up our class gift.



I ran card blanks through the printer for the sentiment ("Hello" font is peach sundress. Thank you Shelley from HofS for introducing me to that one!) And then used Dear Lizzy washi tape for the pennant flag. I also made myself some contact cards. Different than a traditional business card, contact cards (sometimes called Mommy Cards) are less formal and well that's about the only difference. haha I used the same font and color schemes and then ran the cards through my BigKick with the Stampin' Up! Topnote die and sliced them in half - perfect card size!

And then Payton's teacher asked me if I would be so kind as to make sashes for all of the kids for their little graduation ceremony. Sure. She said that last year the sashes were made of paper and pinned on but that it didn't go well. So, me being the overachieving - pack it all on my plate - kinda mom, decided to freezer paper stencil all 23 kids' names onto scarves with the year they will eventually graduate high school on the other end. Yup, I'm that mom - and our daughter isn't even in real school yet. OY!

 

And then, because I think they are the cutest trend right now, I made the kids a photobooth and props.




I purchased the largest foam board I could find from Hobby Lobby for $5.99. I lightly marked all of the center points and then sketched the shape I wanted. I cut out one corner first and then used that piece as a template for the other corners. The props were a mix of dress up hats from our playroom and mustaches and glasses I cut out on the Cricut. The kids had a blast and even got some of their parents involved. Ms.Paula, one of our teachers, couldn't resist.

And now I am elbows deep in pink tulle and butterflies, making party hats and chandeliers for a special little girl's 5th birthday party this weekend. Pictures to come!

1 comment:

Amy E. McCollum said...

I want to be like you when I grow up!! LOVE everything!! Give Payton and Roreigh a smooch for me :)
-Amers